In a Nutshell
Milk separator which is dairy equipment is known for separating the cream from the milk. It means milk will be divided into both cream and skim milk. If you are running a milk plant business, then you should know how a milk separator works. If you are unaware of it then need not worry. We are going to talk about it in this article.
How does the machine work?
Through centrifugal force, the person increases the speed of milk separation. Below down you will come to know how it works.
- At the speed of 6000 to 10000 revolutions per minute, the centrifugal milk separator rotates which is having conical discs.
- The centrifugal force works through the holes which are present inside the discs when whole milk gets inside the container.
- The fat of the milk goes in the middle of the drum and the rest of the milk stays in the outer area because it is heavy.
Above mentioned things explain rightly how the cream is extracted from milk. No matter you are doing it at home or in a big dairy farm the process will remain the same.
What are the features of milk fat separator?
Below down are some features which show the milk separator is of good quality.
If you want to check whether you bought a good quality of milk separator or not then check how much fat the milk is leaving. The good quality of centrifugal milk separator will leave butter fat between 0.01% to 0.05% from the skim milk.
- The capacity of the machine
A high- quality of milk separator will process the milk within an hour. It will not be going to make more than that.
- Supply of power
There are hybrid versions also available for you in the market. It can be operated with electricity or with hand depending upon you which quality of separator you are buying.
Other things which affect the separation of milk mentioned below:
- The temperature of the milk
Make sure that the temperature of the milk should be from 35 to 40 degrees celsius. For milk separation, if you will keep your milk temperature more than this then you might put yourself in trouble.
- Butterfat present in the milk
After separation, it is obvious that more butterfat present in the milk means more butterfat in the cream.
- Quality of the milk
Make sure you are cleaning the container every 30 to 90 minutes to remove the butterfat. You can also use two containers which will help you in saving your time. When one container is working you can clean the other one.
There are things which do not affect the separation of the milk mentioned below:
- A person who makes cream from raw milk does not differ when the process of pasteurization takes place.
- The cream of goat milk comes out slowly as compared to the milk of a cow because the goat is having a microstructure softer as compared to a cow.